Servings: 4 persons
- Milk filter or fine sieve
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups (160 to 240g) almonds (or other nuts)
- 4 cups (1L) water
- (Optional) soak almonds for 8 hours. Rinse well and discard soaking water.
- Blend almonds and water for a few minutes, until you get a creamy white liquid. If necessary, start by blending half of the almonds in with half of the water.
- Strain the milk with a fine nylon or cotton strainer. Keep pulp for other recipes.
The milk and pulp can be kept for 3 to 4 days in the fridge, in sealed containers. The pulp can be kept in the freezer for 2 months. You can also dehydrate it and can it for 6 months at room temperature, in a sealed container.
Enjoy your meal!