Servings: 2 persons
- Sharp knife
- 2 cups (260g) ripe mango
- 1 1/2 ripe avocado
- 4 to 5 tbs pomegranate kernels, and juice (about ¼ fresh pomegranate)
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 to 2 tsp powdered mexican chilli (see note 1 below)
- pepitas (pumpkin seeds) (see note 2 below)
- With a peeler or a knife, slice or dice mangos and avocados (or a mix of both to spice up presentation). Place in a bowl.
- Remove pomegranate kernels, and keep juice aside. Add kernels to mangos and avocados. Lightly stir.
- Add all dressing ingredients to pomegranate juice. Stir well. Pour into the bowl and lightly stir the dish.
- Garnish with pepitas.
- There are several types of dried and powdered chillis, as well as blends. You can use the one you like best: commercial blend, or homemade, ancho, poblano, etc. Quantities are to be distributed depending on the chili strength.
- Pepitas: usually in Mexico, white pumpkin seeds are used, they still have their shells. Green pumpkin seeds are husked. You can use the one you like best.
Enjoy your meal!