Servings: 4 persons
- Milk filter or fine sieve
- Ice cream maker
- 1 cup (160g) almonds
- 1 cup (150g) cashew
- 1 3/4 cups (430ml) water
- 1 tbs soy lecithin
- 1/3 cup (80ml) agave nectar
- 1/2 cup (60g) cocoa powder
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- (Optional) soak almonds and cashews in two separate containers for 8 hours. Rinse well, and discard soaking water.
- Make almond milk from soaked almonds with water. Reserve 375ml (1 ½ cup) of almond milk for the recipe. <a href="/lait-de-noix/">(See nut milk recipe)</a>
- Blend milk and the remaining ingredients. Reduce to a creamy liquid.
- Pour into ice cream maker and launch the cycle.
- Once the ice cream is ready, transfer the mixture into a container and place in freezer. Good ice cream makers churn and freeze ice cream at the same time to consolidate the texture. In the event your ice cream maker only does the churning, you will need to let the ice cream sit in the freezer for several hours before it reaches its texture.
Keeps in the freezer for 3 months.
Enjoy your meal!