Servings: 24 persons
- 2 1/2 cups (290g) almond powder
- 3 tsp mesquite powder
- 1/3 cup (40g) caroube powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup (170g) shredded beets or beet pulp or beet pulp or beet pulp
- 1/2 cup (130g) date paste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (45g) melted cocoa butter
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) cahews
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 2 tbs agave nectar
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbs melted coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix by hand powdered almonds, mesquite, caroube, cayenne and salt.
- In the food processor, reduce beets and date paste to a smooth mixture. Add coconut oil and cocoa butter, and stir again.
- Add dry ingredients and stir a few moments. Transfer all into bowl and finish stirring with a spatula.
- Place wax paper at the bottom of 24 muffin pans. With an ice cream scoop, form muffin sized balls. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- In the blender, reduce all icing ingredients into a smooth paste, except for the coconut oil. Then add last ingredients and stir until you get a smooth cream. Let sit in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove cupcakes from dish and add icing.
Keeps 10 days in the fridge or 4 months in the freezer in a sealed container.
Enjoy your meal!