Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/legroupemartel/crudessence.com/wp-includes/media.php on line 779
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/legroupemartel/crudessence.com/wp-includes/media.php on line 785
Servings: 4 persons
- 1 cup (250ml) freshly squeezed orange juice (2 to 3 oranges)
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- 1 1/2 tsp natural cane sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt (voir la note 1 ci-dessous)
- 1 cup (250ml) finely sliced red onions
- 3/4 cup (180ml) tasty olive oil (lebanese oil, for tajine…)
- 2 tbs Aleppo peppers (see note below)
- 2 bunches chopped parsley
- chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, mix orange juice, orange blossom water, cane sugar and salt.
- Add onion slices and marinate for at least an hour.
- Strain onions and keep juice aside in a bowl. Place onions in a large bowl and add parsley.
- Whisk marinade juice while slowly pouring olive oil. Season with Aleppo pepper. Add salt to taste. Mix.
- Pour dressing over onions and parsley, and gently toss.
- Garnish with pistachios and chopped nuts.
Aleppo peppers are used all over the middle eat. It is lightly hot (ranking a 3 on the Scoville scale, measuring pepper heat. Just to compare, cayenne peppers are a 6). The Aleppo is also sweet and fruity. It is more humid than other chillies. You can replace it with chilly flakes in a little bit of sugar and water, or sweet oil, and for this particular recipe, a little bit of orange zest.
Enjoy your meal!